The 13th annual edition of City Week will be held in-person at Guildhall, London, and also streamed live on our media channels, over three days between 24-26 April 2023. As in previous years, CW2023 is being organised in partnership with the UK Government, the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK, UK Finance and leading City institutions.
City Week brings together more than 1,000 top-level senior decision-makers from UK and overseas financial institution for a comprehensive programme of cutting-edge presentations, panel discussions and networking. Like previous editions, this year’s forum will feature many well-known names from the global financial services industry, the world of politics and the international regulatory community.
The programme reflects the boardroom agenda of leading financial institutions from across the world. The three main themes are:
Key themes to be discussed
- The future of sustainable finance and investment post-COP 27
- Best practice climate and nature reporting: progress towards a unified approach
- The data challenge – sourcing accurate data to map to taxonomies and reporting
- Evolution of nature markets and nature positive investments
- Voluntary carbon markets – regulation and legitimacy
- The prerequisites for ‘Institutional grade’ digital assets - what will it take to catalyse institutional adoption?
- Asset tokenisation as a driver of liquidity in equities, bonds and other financial assets
- Towards a model of internationally co-ordinated regulation of digital assets
- CBDCs – getting the design issues right
- Financial crime and digital assets: investigations and analytics
- The digital transformation of financial services: where next?
- Role of digitalisation in the creation of the European Capital Markets Union
- Rethinking trade and post-trade market infrastructure: moving from traditional to digital market models
- New opportunities for issuers and investors in digitalised finance
- Bringing the power of Big Tech big data techniques to the financial markets